Sunday, August 26, 2012

BOSSY FEDORA PATTERN

 THE BOSSY FEDORA HAT PATTERN
This pattern was created by LaTanya Buckner of Cafe Crochet Designs




 Materials needed:
1 7oz skein of acrylic yarn (2 skeins if you will be using two strands for the brim)
Size "I" hook
Tapesty needle



Size I hook
Chain 3, join, chain 1 (this will not count as a stitch)
Note: This hat will be done in continuous rounds, only join where indicated. You may use a marker to mark the beginning of a new round)
R-1 10 hdc in the ring
R-2 2 hdc in each stitch around (20 hdc)
R-3 1 hdc in the first stitch, 2 hdc in the next stitch. *1 hdc in next stitch, 2
hdc in next stitch. Repeat * to end. (30 hdc)
R-4 1 hdc in next two stitch, 2 hdc in next stitch. *1 hdc in next two stitch,
2 hdc in next. Repeat * to end. (40 hdc)
R-5 1 hdc in next three stitch, 2 hdc in next stitch. *1hdc in next three
stitch, 2 hdc in next. Repeat * to end. (50 hdc)
R-6 1 hdc in the next four stitch, 2 hdc in the next stitch. *1 hdc in next
four stitch, 2 hdc in the next stitch. Repeat * to end (60 hdc)
(this is the end of the increasing rounds)
7-20 1 hdc in each stitch around (60 hdc)
R-21 1 hdc in each stitch around. Slip stitch, join.


Making the brim
(using 2 strands of yarn optional)

R-22 (in front loops only for this round) 1 sc in join stitch, 2 sc in next. *1sc
in next stitch, 2sc in next stitch. Repeat * until you have 88sc total.
Join, chain 1.
R-23 1sc in join stitch and in each stitch around. Join, ch1.
R-24 1 sc in first 5 stitches, 2 sc in the next. *1 sc in first five stitches , 2sc
in next. Repeat * to end. Join, ch 1 (102 sc)
R-25 1sc in each stitch to end. Join, ch 1 (102 sc)
R-26 1 sc in the next 6 stitches, 2 sc in the next *1sc in the next 6 stitches,
2sc in the next. Repeat * to end. Join, ch 1
R-27 1sc in each stitch to end. Join, fasten off.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pattern, fantastic hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You LaTanya! You are the best! Been looking for a pattern like this for a long time!
    T
    CEO (Love This!) of tstitchesandcrafts.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this. Doesn't look at all like a Fadora. Just a big floppy hat. No idea what I did wrong. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try doubling the yarn (or thread) when you do the rim; it makes it stiffer and easier to form :)

      Delete
    2. Try got not do so many increases ,as that makes the hat bigger. Stop increasing about an inch and a half then what the pattern calls for. I used double strand it makes the hat more firmer, so u can shape it.

      Delete
  4. I am sorry about that, if you followed the pattern and the brim is too floppy you will have to work with the brim a little bit, it does tend to look "wavy" sometimes but working with it usually helps. When making the brim try taking away one round and see how that works for you. Keep me posted and I will do my best to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I used a thinner hook and double yarn to crocheted the brim. In other hat I made I crocheted two brims and between both I put a piece of plastic.
    Thank you very much for the tutorial. Sorry for my bad English.
    Hugs from Argentina.
    MissDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  6. God Bless you! Thank you for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a question!! Do you have any idea of how to make it for a infant?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I love your hat I'm making it right now, my question is at what row did you change colors to and a band? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this fabulous pattern, but I have a question . Did you flip the hat on the right before you put the brim on ? thank you again , Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this fabulous pattern, but I have a question . Did you flip the hat on the right before you put the brim on ? thank you again , Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Evening, Can the Red Heart Super Saver Jumbo be used to make the Fedora instead of using two strands of yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Can you tell me what circumference this hat is? I want to make it for a 20 inch head.
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was wonderful I love this hat

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first time crocheting and I love the way you give detail info to were I could follow and make this hat. Am hoping that you have more beginner friendly tutorials I can use to keep making projects. Do you have any tutorials for summer cloths and jewelry's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love..love..love this pattern! The best I've seen so far. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete