Monday, May 28, 2012

My Sister in Law & I






This weekend my Sister in Law came to visit from Las Vegas, Nevada with her yarn bag in hand chock full of yarn, hooks, notions and the creativity to create something unique. It feels good to have a family member who shares the same love for crocheting that I can sit down with and just talk and think crocheting. You see my sister in law is one of those people who is talented when it comes to arts and crafts and she has so many ideas that turn out so beautiful.
When she arrived she told me about a purse she has seen that was made of recycled Capri Sun juice pouches and she had the idea of creating one made with the pouches and crochet. We couldn't wait to get started on the project and immediately went to the store and bought boxes of Capri Sun, drained the pouches and when we woke up the next day we got the yarn, hooks and juice pouches in motion.
After hours of crocheting and talking we completed our projects, But it wasn't the project that made me feel accomplished it was the time spent sitting, talking and bonding with each other. See, I am the youngest of three children with a brother and sister 14 and 13 years older than me and I pretty much grew up like an only child so sitting with someone who shares the same love for crocheting means a lot to me. I am not only blessed with the God given gift of crochet but blessed with having a sister in law who I can sit and create and share ideas of creativity with. I look forward to sitting with her again on her next visit cooking up another crochet masterpiece. Thank you Kymm Buckner, love you Sis! :)

3 comments:

  1. Aww... That is soooooo NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a pattern for the Capri sun crochet bags? I would love to make one for my daughter. They are so cute. My email address is offthechaindesigns@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this time I do not have the pattern for the Capri Sun Purse completed. It was a difficult piece for me but hopefully soon I will have it complete. When it is complete it will be posted here and on you tube.

    ReplyDelete